I have quite a few posts with starts and outlines, but I can’t seem to bring myself to dive into them with any sort of motivation. They are feeling a bit forced. So, I am not going to force myself to create something when I am uninspired. My hope for this blog is that I will be able to create some more writing prompts for myself and push through any lack of inspiration. However, I am very sour on this whole New Year holiday at the moment. It’s feeling very arbitrary. While I have looked back at my photos and IG posts from the past year, I found common themes and fond memories, yet I am not in the mood to wax poetic about any of it. So, for now, I’m just leaving a little list of what has been on my mind.
- The ornaments on our Christmas tree
- The doomed decade of the 2020s, and likely beyond
- Missing at least the pretense of community care that lasted for a few months in 2020
- Our Christmas Covid experience day by day
- My new interests of 2022
- 2022 compassion projects
- Late night crying
- Checking in with “the strong ones”
- What I’ve learned about Elvis
- Why isn’t our New Year Celebration at a change of season rather than in the middle of one?